1. It’s good for you and our community! Recent studies show that philanthropy has health benefits, including releasing endorphins that improve your mood. “Giving, Advocating or Volunteering” is rewarding and inspires others to do the same. We all can play a role in improving lives in our community.
2. Your donation is safe! Donations to United Way are secure and your personal information will remain confidential. We also insure that your money is being invested wisely in our community to address the most pressing needs in the areas of education, health, safety, and self-sufficiency.
3. The need is enormous! With a single donation to United Way, you can help numerous people. With our many partners, initiatives and funded programs and services, United Way’s reach goes deep into our community.
4. Your money stays local! United Way focuses on the most important human care issues in our community in the areas of education, health, safety, and self-sufficiency. Your support helps build a better place for all of us to live, work, and raise our families.
5. United Way is a trusted organization! United Way is the world’s largest privately-funded non-profit organization. We have been our community’s health and human service leader for over 55 years and remain in the top 5% of over 1,200 United Way’s across the nation for our Community Solutions work.
6. There’s strength in numbers. When your donation is combined with others in our community, the impact is greater. One local company raises over $30,000 annually through employee giving. These individual pledges range from .25 cents to $5 per week. Sharing even an hour’s pay each month can make a big difference in someone’s life. Dollars add up to improve lives!
7. Your gift delivers results! Every United Way supported service and program provides measureable and lasting results to ensure that your contributions make the greatest impact possible. United Way publishes an annual report and hosts a Community Health & Human Services Forum each year to keep community members well informed.
8. It takes the guesswork out of knowing where the largest need is! United Way partners with many local organizations. It takes coordination and an entire network of services and programs to keep our communities strong. With a deep network of relationships with government, community and business leaders, health and human service experts, volunteers, and donors, United Way is uniquely positioned to provide the leadership and resources to address the largest needs and get things done to ultimately improve lives.
9. It’s easy and convenient. Giving to United Way through payroll deduction is extremely convenient and affordable and is much easier than writing a check monthly or quarterly. Also, contributing through United Way ensures that your support will go to legitimate 501(c)(3) organizations. These charitable organizations are recognized by the IRS as eligible for donors to deduct their contributions on their annual tax filings.
10. The kids are watching! We are our children’s role models. Teaching children about philanthropy creates community awareness, social responsibility, and how to be a good neighbor. These important life skills will be carried throughout their entire lives.